PrintWatch: Data Leakage Prevention - Control, Evidence and Overview also on Printouts
With PrintWatch it's your decision, which documents, on which printer, which user prints out and what additional information is archived and added to the printout. Thus you are always informed on who, when, why, which document with what content, how many copies, on which printer is printed out. The solution logs all this data for every printout and stores it audit-proof. Besides, your company is compliant with the requirements for the long term archiving as well.
PrintWatch identifies print commands for sensitive documents, sets them apart from those for uncritical documents, thus contributing consistently to your Data Loss Prevention (DLP) strategy.
PrintWatch is able to permit or prohibit the printout for specific documents, user or groups according to the centrally defined security policy.
The printout's content itself is brought in realtime in a future-proof, standardized intermediate format. Thus the content of the document, which is to be printed, is documented, and you can restore the exact printout at any moment. If needed, the intermediate format can be encrypted transferred into a long term archive.
PrintWatch monitors all print processes, logging only those, which by file type and indentifier in the header or by the user are classified as critical. This way it is guaranteed, that all the information for a critical print command on local or network printers are always available, and can be searched for with the help of simple reports. No user has a modifying access to the data.
The Report-Engine of the itWatch Enterprise Security Suite enables you to search when, where, who, why and how many printouts of a certain document have been produced. You can achieve a complete overview due to the export control of the other modules of the itWatch Enterprise Security Suite.
Threats & Challenges:
- If not marked properly, printouts can be mingled with other papers and documents, so that for the security check it is hardly possible to estimate the criticality.
- Printers with security function are very expensive. Especially very sensitive information is not to be printed on every standard printer.
- A privacy incident without valid evidence leads to a general suspicion of all persons with a read permission and thus to trouble in the organization.
- By the standard means of the operating system you can assign, block or share printers, but you can‘t take the sensitivity of a document as criteria for deciding, who can print the information on which printer and in what manner.
- A control commitee is permitted to view sensitive information but not to print it.
Only combining information like who, what, why, how many copies, on which printer, allows for the necessary granularity for critical information.
Our partners provide professional support for the implementation of our products in your organization, including the following services:
- risk assessment by means of a target/actual comparison provided by the Device Scanner throughout the network and a final audit report,
- set-up and maintenance of corporate security policies,
- development of customized plugins for our standard products,
- planning of product deployments –we are supporting customers with concepts of operation and planning documents,
- roll-out support